Different physical therapy treatments can be administered to treat shoulder injuries and pains; some of them are:
- RICE - Rest, Ice, Compress, Elevate Therapy - The RICE therapy encourages you to rest, ice, compress and elevate the injured area to reduce swelling, inflammation, and pain. It is used within the first hours of the injury.
- Heat Therapy - This is used after 72 hours and serves as a painkiller and muscle-relaxant Therapy.
- Stretching - This pushes your muscles gently till you regain mobility and motion. It incorporates several levels of stretches and targets the areas of the shoulder, spine, and neck.
- Hands-on Therapy entails direction-specific pressure on the muscles and tissues to help the shoulder regain some of its natural mobility.
- Athletic Taping - This entails using athletic tape to your shoulder as you combine other physical therapy treatments.